Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Student Spotlight Wednesday: Better Know a Ross Student

This is the first weekly installment of our 149 part series, "Better Know a Ross Student". Every week on Wednesday we will be introducing another member of our fantastic class. 

This week: Stephanie!

Where are you from? 
I am from Phillipsburg, NJ

How did you end up at Ross?
I applied to state schools for 3 years in a row and was not accepted. This past year I applied to Ross and St. Georges and was accepted to both and chose Ross because of accelerated program. 

What do you like most about the veterinary profession? 
I love the diversity the profession has. There are so many different branches and specialties. You never know what you are going to see every day. :)

What do you like the least?
The part I like the least are the people that feel that just because they are animals the cost should be free or cheap and that it doesn't matter what kind of care they get because they aren't human.

Dog or Cat?
I love both cats and dogs, but I am more of a cat person.

If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
If I could be any animal I would definitely want to be a house cat. Who wouldn't want to lay around all day and get pampered and your meals brought to you?

Speaking of which, what would I find in your refrigerator right now?
There is some iced tea, ting, carrots, apples, bread, cheese, and turkey in my fridge right now. I know, not very exciting.

I hear Ting and I think party. What is the last book you read?
The last book I read was Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Terrible movie but the book seems to have fans. Favorite thing about St. Kitts?
I love the weather down here in St. Kitts. I am always cold so I love the hot weather.

Least Favorite?
My least favorite thing is how slow things are. I grew up in a very fast paced family, everyone always had somewhere to be. It's annoying and nice at the same time to be forced to slow down.

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. with whom would it be?
I would probably pick someone from the Victorian age. I just really love the dresses they used to wear.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
I have no idea why anyone would right a bibliography about me but I think a good title would be "How to Have Huge Debt but Love What You Do." I am sure that goes for most veterinarian students though.

Subtitle: I should have gone to medical school, they get paid more. If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?
I don't know if I would want to be food since you don't really live long, but I really love cheese. Everything can always be made better with cheese.

Personally, I would be a delicious Ting. What makes you angry? Is it cheese related?
Stupidity and rudeness make me extremely angry.

Point taken. What was your best MacGuyver moment?
It would probably be using a paperclip the break into the climate control units at my last job. They always made it really cold in there.

I think I saw that episode. What is the best part of a sandwich?
The best part of a sandwich is the cheese!


Many thanks to Stephanie, see you all again next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment