Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Student Spotlight Wednesday: Better Know a Ross Student

This is the second weekly installment of our 149 part series, "Better Know a Ross Student". Every week on Wednesday we will be introducing another member of our fantastic class. 

This week: Jon!

Where are you from?
Howard Beach, NY 


How did you end up at Ross?
Most of the Vets I worked for all came to Ross and they spoke highly of the school. 

What do you like most about the veterinary profession?
There are so many things that you can do in the profession and it’s a combination of working with people and animals.

Favorite thing about St. Kitts?
The weather! Not many other vet students can go to the beach right after classes.

Yeah but they also don't have to wear SPF 50 all day like me some people I know. Least favorite?
I’m not too sure how I feel about the slow pace of things and I still can’t figure out this whole milk situation. Every time I buy milk it goes bad like a day later!


Definitely too hot for milk here. If you were going (hypothetically) to skip school for a day, how would you spend it?
Anything outdoors- beach, hike, beach bar….

Since it is Halloween this week what was your best Halloween costume?
I made a pretty awesome Ronald McDonald last year.

That one could net you a lot of candy. Or frighten children. What is the best "fun" sized candy bar to get?
Snickers!!!


Who was your first crush and how awesome was she(or he, I don't judge)?
Pink power ranger!!! She was awesome.


I assume you mean Amy Jo Johnson with Pterodactyl/Crane morph power? Classy choice. Describe your fighting style:
I’m a lover not a fighter…

Now we know why it didn't work out with the Pink Ranger. What was your favorite job before vet school?
Working at the Bronx zoo- kind of always been my dream job.


Bet you have worked with a ton of different animals. Which farm animal would you be and why?
Donkey – they have a mind of their own… stubborn animals!

What do you miss the most about home?
My girlfriend, friends and family… Oh yeah and fast food.


Speaking of NY fast food: What is the most important ingredient on a pizza?
The cheese makes the pizza!


Everybody seems to love cheese around here. On a scale of 1 to Ben Roethlisberger, how was your last Friday night out?
Awesome. Vet school makes me appreciate my weekends


Many thanks to Jon for taking the time. Good luck on your test today!

No comments:

Post a Comment